Sunday, August 5, 2012

For the love of Brass & Bronze

Today, let me talk about our passion for metals - Brass & Bronze to be precise(or
obsession as my folks like to call it *Smiles*) . This is a common interest
between me & hubby. He is mostly into idols. For me, I have no such
reservations. *Grin*

The oldest of our collection is - a lovely brass ornament box which was passed on by my maternal grand mom - older than 100 years...*Smiles*. Most of our collection were brought from various craft curator shops all over Bangalore, some antique curators from Chettinadu, few craft exhibitions & travels. 

I feel the brass & bronze artifacts are time-less & adds an old world charm to our place. I love the yellow gleam of brass urli's, gindis, para & nilavilakku. I love the texture of bronze & the character the metal adds. 

Come along into my home...



Over next few months I will be taking you through our favorite
curators. Hope to see you again next week for the first of the
series..!

Linking the post to  patty's weekly partyHome Maker On  Dime , Mosaic Monday 

19 comments:

Mary Howell Cromer said...

How marvelous, yet I bet hard to keep up with the shinning~

I am thinking that you may get more traffic, of you get rid of word verification. This was suggested to me a couple of months ago and you still have total security and rights~

padmamanasa said...

Thanks Mary! It is not that hard to keep it shining though in Indian climate :)

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

beautiful articles. so well maintained. love each one of it.

Vasudha Somayaji said...

Very good collection. Well displayed..

padmamanasa said...

Thanks Sayantani, I am waiting to see your new home :)
Thanks Vasudha

Anonymous said...

Lovely collection of brass - I love the peacock lamp especially. Your photos are very good too. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Reshma at colorcanopy.blogspot.com said...

You really have a fantastic collection of brass goodies!

padmamanasa said...

Thank you all for your kind comments, they mean a lot to me!

PurpleRickshaw said...

i am drooling over your collection:)..i have a couple of things i managed to lug back after every visit to India:)

Anonymous said...

Such a wow.. wow ... post... LOve.. your collection.. and I see you have an orange wall.. wow... I'm not sure how I missed this post... Doing a catch up today.. after my holidays.. Thank you for linking into Colours Dekor.. Brings a smile on my face... I'm following you now.. and looking forward to being inspired.. Sure hope to see you drop by at CD again...

Happy blogging..

Nivedita Das Narayan said...

beautiful collection of idols and artifacts... yes and I get it why you call it an obsession! I love your sense of display and tho' I too have a somewhat substantial collection, it's nowhere as effectively table-scaped as yours! lovely, thanks for dropping by and leading me on to this precious page of yours! be in touch!!

Mini said...

Just found your blog...and liking it! Looking forward to read your series on the curators esp because I live in Bangalore too.
Cheers,
Mini

Unknown said...

So beautiful, love the collection

Aalayam Inspiration said...

Absoultely gorgeous collection!
First time here - came over form Nayana's

Stop by our blog Aalayam

http://aalayaminspiration.blogspot.com

~deepa

padmamanasa said...

Thanks Deepa for dropping by. Started following your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hello, My name is Sujata, I came across your blog.Nice pics. Just wanted to know where to find the black wall hanging in the above pic. Please let me know. thanks.

padmamanasa said...

Sujata, it was from one of the exhibitions at Forum many years back. But you should be able to get one from Kairali - Kerala Emporium Showroom

padmamanasa said...

Sujata, it was from one of the exhibitions at Forum many years back. But you should be able to get one from Kairali - Kerala Emporium Showroom

pepper bowl said...

I landed here through one of your pinterest PIN, love to just leave a comment that I really glad with the interior you have done..Keep up your good work!!

Followers